“We are caught in an inescapable network of mutuality, tied in a single garment of destiny. Whatever affects one directly, affects all indirectly.” — Martin Luther King, Jr.
The groups listed here are just a few of the online and offline communities that I support and promote. In this life, none of us is alone.
Religious and Spiritual
- New Hope Seventh-day Adventist Church (Fulton, MD) | New Hope on Twitter
- Journey Fellowship (Memphis, TN) | Journey Fellowship on Twitter
- Sandy Spring Religious Society of Friends Monthly Meeting
- #qfaith: A weekly Twitter-based chat for religious or faithful queer-identified and queer-supportive people. Hosts and topics rotate every Sunday evening.
Development and Philanthropy
- Forgiveness & Compassion: The Fetzer Institute | Fetzer on Twitter
- Non-profit Philanthropy: The Chronicle of Philanthropy | The Chronicle on Twitter
- Micro-development: Bread for the Journey | BFJIntl on Twitter
Social Justice and Human Rights
- Gender & Sexual Minorities, Family, & Allies: Seventh-day Adventist Kinship International
- QPOC and Allies (intersectional): National Black Justice Coalition
- Family and Allies: Straight For Equality | PFLAG Lubbock
Quality Online Analysis
- Religion (diverse): Religion Dispatches
- Public Sphere, including technology: The Atlantic
- Public Sphere: PBS
What About Books?
And Favorite Quotes?
I’ve compiled a best-of-Twitter for 2013, a 3-part list of my favorite tweets from insightful people through the year:
- Seeing the Real: religion, spirituality
- Evolving Deliberately: growth and development
- Changing the World: justice and activism